Great stuff pond foam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys I was wondering if great stuff pond and Stone was safe for newts and if so can I make a floating island out of it just wondering

Yes it is safe for newts I know of a guy who uses it in all of his builds

Does any pond foam work also does anybody know if the stuff at Lowe's is safe I'm going to upload a picture

IMG_20210409_193643173.jpg

All I know is they ain’t joking about wearing gloves when you use that stuff. If any gets on you have fun trying to get it off.

Does any pond foam work also does anybody know if the stuff at Lowe's is safe I'm going to upload a picture
i hate giving overly simplified answers as there are always exceptions, but basically if its black, its safe, if its yellow, its not.

when it comes to pond foam, if its black, its treated to be aquarium safe, so, unless you go out of your way to find a very unrepeatable company, you should be good with pretty much any of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back