Greetings from Missouri!

froggybean

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! My name is Emma. I've recently started looking into owning some marbled newts and I'm really excited! I already have a few of what my mom calls 'wild animals.' I currently have an Asian Trampsnail named Josh, a bladetooth snail named Dolly, and two unidentified snails called Timmy and Tommy. Along with that, I also have a few native flatback millipedes and isopods who are great, along with a 55 gallon tank that I plan to put a variety of fish in (Kuhli loaches, honey gourami, a bristlenose or clown pleco, some snails and shrimp, etc). I have a lot of hobbies, most of which are textile based. This includes sewing, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, and embroidery! I really love to make stuffed animals through these crafts. I look forward to chatting with all of you and learning many things!

Welcome to the forum! Have you made any textile newts yet? I think I've seen a crocheted axolotl pattern somewhere, it was super cute!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back