Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hagen AquaClear Power Filter Question

23matt3

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was just curious, what are your guys thoughts on the Hagen AquaClear Power Filters?They have an adjustable flow control on them, and also has room for various types of media to put in... I currently am using a sponge filter but someone was getting rid of their tank yesterday apparently as I found this filter as well as a 20 gallon tank with light, rocks and decorum, and fake plants on the side of the road. Tested everything and it works so i just wanted your thoughts on the filter and whether it was worth using or not

Thanks!

Blade1013

Reaction score
Matt, I have an AquaClear filter on a 60 gallon aquarium I have. Honestly, the media set up for the filter is probably one of the better arrangements I have seen for HOB filters. Mine is quiet and seems to do a great job. Hagen is actually the parent company of Fluval I believe and now when you look for supplies for the filter they may be branded as Fluval AquaClear. Hope this reply is not too late. I love finds like that on the side of the road.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!