Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Marquette

Reaction score
Hello, I am 45 years old, live in the great state of Michigan and surrounded by my favorite resource, water! I have to say this is an amazing site with the community, info, photos, etc!! Keep up the great work. I've been addicted to collecting amphibians and reptiles since I was a small child, but just recently got back into the hobby by adding a few newts to my home. I have two Spanish Ribbed Newts (Pleurodeles waltl) and one Chinese Fire bellied newt (Cynops orientalis). My passion also lies in creating unique, custom enclosures for my aquatic crew. I use the Walstad method in all of my interior wetlands.
Here are some photos of my Spanish Ribbed Newt enclosure.
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    877 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 2016 Dirted Spanish Ribbed Newt Riparian Tank2.JPG
    2016 Dirted Spanish Ribbed Newt Riparian Tank2.JPG
    843.4 KB · Views: 117
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1