Hello from Wenatchee Washington!

Iridophore

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, my name is Torsten Watkins. I currently am 14 and I absolutely love Herpetology! So far I have written multiple articles regarding herps and have been featured in interviews. I couldn't choose a specific group of reptile or amphibian to save myself, but I have a special affinity towards Caudates. I have not been in the salamander keeping hobby very much, but I hope to start a collection. My favorite salamander species: the Larch Mountain Salamander (Plethodon larselli) is not in the pet trade sadly (at least not legally). Besides that though I am primarily interested in Plethodontids in general, but I like all Salamanders either way.
One of my favorite books "Les Urodeles Du Monde" covers all of the species of salamander in the world (as of 2013) and talks all about each species, including husbandry! Sadly though, it is in French, and I am an English speaker, so I am half heatedly trying to learn how to read french just so I could read I highly recommend this book though, besides the fact that it is french. And now it pretty much looks like I am trying to advertise this book, so I think thats all I will say about my self for the mean time.

have a good day!
-Torsten (Toe)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back