Hello! I own Cynops Orientalis and Neurergus Crocatus

meowmags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I'm Maggie, I live in Devon, UK! I love my pets and throughout my life have kept many tropical fish! I was always interested in lizards and little newts in the wild but never thought I could keep them as pets.

As of last year, I have a 280Litre axolotl tank for my axo, Nugget! I also have 6 other fish tanks with a betta called Ghost, cherry shrimp and some nano fish!

I'm very fresh to the hobby and with many lessons, I am currently growing my two Chinese fire belly newts (2 months old) and two Neurergus Crocatus (less than a month old) Sadly, I lost a baby Neurergus Crocatus yesterday :(
1000044123.jpg
1000044215.jpg
1000044104.jpg

Attachments

• 1000044034.jpg
    1000044034.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 1000044104.jpg
    1000044104.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back