Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help Amphibian Ark right now (free)

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Amphibian Ark have launched a facebook campaign that could make them eligible for an award of $50,000. Click the following link to sign up to their cause - they are very close to reaching their eligibility goal of 2500 names. Caudata.org works with Amphibian Ark each year to fund a research grant for salamander conservation research around the world so this will mean a lot to everyone. Thanks.

Causes at Facebook

Last edited:

monkeyfrogman28

Reaction score
John, I think you should also ask or talk with Mods from Dendroboard.com and talktothefrog.org to see if they want to help get it to peoples attention. I am sure they will and the members list should grow large very quick with people from dendroboard and TTTF. Just a idea trying to help. This sounds like a great cause. I joined and will donate later on this week.

mechanic380

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something but when I click your link John I do not see a group to sign up with. I searched amphibian ark and it says they only have 204 members? Am I looking in the right place?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot about that. Yes, type Amphibian.

mechanic380

Reaction score
Ok I finally found it. Amphibian ark can win 1000 or 500 if they get the most donations in one day. Maybe we could organize a single day to donate and try and get them a little bonus. Today's leader has 38 donations with 10 hours left.

freves

Reaction score
OK so I broke down and finally joined facebook just to do this. All of the people that I went to high school with look so old now. How come I have not changed???
Chip

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1