Photo: Help identifying one of my Axies

Daneezy94

Reaction score
Country
United States
Screenshot_20220503-101538_Gallery.jpg
I'm trying to identify what kind of morph it is, I can see its gills have a gold shimmer to it. The mom is a Gold Albino & the dad is Leucistic

Screenshot_20220503-171431_Gallery.jpg

Here's 1 more screenshot from a video I took

View attachment 92513I'm trying to identify what kind of morph it is, I can see its gills have a gold shimmer to it. The mom is a Gold Albino & the dad is Leucistic
OH MY GOD!
Thats like a super rare morph! If you breed that and the babies have that coloration, you could earn thousands of dollars!
You are so lucky, that is super rare!
I have no idea what morph tho, but my firdt thought was its a copper axanthic gfp firefly half leucistic half golden albino morph.
Seriously tho, your so lucky!

OH MY GOD!
Thats like a super rare morph! If you breed that and the babies have that coloration, you could earn thousands of dollars!
I have no idea what morph tho, but my firdt thought was its a copper axanthic gfp firefly half leucistic half golden albino morph.
LIKE FOR REAL, THATS A MOSIAC CHIMERA MIX, ITS SO COOL!

OH MY GOD!
That's nuts! I bought the parents as juveniles & I never really intended to breed them, one day I came home from work & saw hundreds of eggs! I was like holy crap I guess I know now I have a boy and a girl😂 I tried looking all over the internet but I can't find anything that looks like this little fella, im keeping it for sure!

That's nuts! I bought the parents as juveniles & I never really intended to breed them, one day I came home from work & saw hundreds of eggs! I was like holy crap I guess I know now I have a boy and a girl😂 I tried looking all over the internet but I can't find anything that looks like this little fella, im keeping it for sure!
sell it or breed it, or just keep it. most chimeras dont live long due to blood loss.

View attachment 92513I'm trying to identify what kind of morph it is, I can see its gills have a gold shimmer to it. The mom is a Gold Albino & the dad is Leucistic
Don't mean to be the downer at this exciting party... but your baby, while is gorgeous, is not a chimera. It's a wild type. (You can tell by the eye rings) a high iridophore wild (the sparkles on the gills).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back