HELP!!!! please

ZoeT94

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I have a small tank with 4 cardinal tetra's in, I ordered cherry shrimp, and thought they would be adults when they came.

There are lots of plants and hiding places.

Do I need to remove the fish in order to prevent the shrimp being eaten?!

And if so can my axolotl's eat them?

When you say "thought they would be adults when they came", do you mean they haven't arrived yet? Or that they have arrived, and they are tiny?

I don't know enough about cardinal tetras to say for sure. But fish will generally want to eat them if the shrimp are small enough. If there are plenty of hiding places, the axolotls are unlikely to eat them because the shrimp move too fast.

What is your goal? Is it OK if a few of the shrimp get eaten? Or do you hope to keep them a long time?

Cardinals won't eat RCS unless they are newborn tiny.. RCS and Cardinals get to approx the same adult size

Cardinal tetras (Paracheirodon axelrodi) require fairly warm temperatures (80F) in order to do well. Axolotls will not be happy at this temperature. On the other hand, if you insist in keeping fish with axies, the White Cloud Mountain fish (Tanichthys albonubes) is a much better option.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back