Help with nitrites.. asap

Dmcx3xx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have cycled a tank for my neice she has put the axolotl in.

However the nitrite is rising but later on in the day it's disappearing to 0
It's rising to 0.25 or just under.

Ammonia is 0

Why is this how can it be fixed ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-114121.png
    Screenshot_20210826-114121.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 200
Well, are you checking your Nitates?

It sounds like nitrite is being oxidized to nitrate over the course of the day. It may but take some time for the tank/filter to establish. Assuming you are keeping your temps low it can take longer than usual to cycle.

It sounds like nitrite is being oxidized to nitrate over the course of the day. It may but take some time for the tank/filter to establish. Assuming you are keeping your temps low it can take longer than usual to cycle.
I believe it is cycled ammonia and nitrate were dropping to 0 for 8days before the axolotl was put in.

I kept topoong up the ammonia to 4 just to keep a source of ammonia in there.

Is strange that it's falling a few hours later 🤷‍♀️

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back