Here is Jonmi

Oare

Reaction score
Country
Japan
After a bit of research on color, I believe he is golden with a low level of pigmentation, is this correct?

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    754.2 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 189
After a bit of research on color, I believe he is golden with a low level of pigmentation, is this correct?
i believe you’re correct, he looks like a light golden. also, he may be a she.

i believe you’re correct, he looks like a light golden. also, he may be a she.
Indeed, I’ve been going back and forth saying he/she, I think more time is needed before gender can be confidently determined.
Right now, there is a bulge that is about as pronounced as I’ve seen on fully grown female pictures, but Jonmi appears to be still juvenile (soft&shallow belly creases, smooth face and only 12 cm in length).

Indeed, I’ve been going back and forth saying he/she, I think more time is needed before gender can be confidently determined.
Right now, there is a bulge that is about as pronounced as I’ve seen on fully grown female pictures, but Jonmi appears to be still juvenile (soft&shallow belly creases, smooth face and only 12 cm in length).
i see - i called my mudkip a male for a solid 7 months before realizing she was female :)

Here is an updated picture of Jonmi a few months later.
Definitely a female!
I am planning on an aquarium upgrade since the size has become a little too small for her.

Same pot in the background as on the pictures above, for comparison. She has grown a lot!

Attachments

• jonmi.jpg
    jonmi.jpg
    815.3 KB · Views: 143
Here is an updated picture of Jonmi a few months later.
Definitely a female!
I am planning on an aquarium upgrade since the size has become a little too small for her.

Same pot in the background as on the pictures above, for comparison. She has grown a lot!
what a gorgeous girl

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back