Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and hoping to meet others who have Axolotls

Pashino

Reaction score
Country
United States
Monster.jpg
Pashino.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Joan and new to this site. I have an 8 year old axolotl that we rescued and raised from a baby. She is our second rescue, unfortunately our 5 year old passed last year. What a beauty he was. Still saddened
Pedro Patron @ 6 months.jpg
by the loss. Funny how attached we can get. His name was Pedro Patron but I called him my monster.
Pashino is my 8 year old white axolotl. She's much bigger but maybe little too much.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing photos of your axolotls.

Attachments

• Pedro Patron.jpg
    Pedro Patron.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 113
Hello! Aww Pashino is adorable, I love her gills! I am so sorry about Pedro Patron that must be very hard but from what I see your tank looks beautiful and I bet he had a wonderful life:). I might be wrong but I think I see live plants in your tank! That’s so great, I’ve been desperately trying to keep my plants alive. I was wondering what type of plants they are?

Hi, I am new to this website aswell your axolotls are so cute these are my two axie and jerald (sorry about the lighting)

Attachments

• WIN_20220117_14_47_53_Pro_LI.jpg
    WIN_20220117_14_47_53_Pro_LI.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 115
  • WIN_20220117_14_36_30_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220117_14_36_30_Pro.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
Hello! Aww Pashino is adorable, I love her gills! I am so sorry about Pedro Patron that must be very hard but from what I see your tank looks beautiful and I bet he had a wonderful life:). I might be wrong but I think I see live plants in your tank! That’s so great, I’ve been desperately trying to keep my plants alive. I was wondering what type of plants they are?
Sorry I didn't get back to you about the plant question. A friend of mine used these tiny seeds that grew beautiful plants I tried them once and they did very well. I even had to pull some out because they were taking over the top of the tank. I didn't use them as a ground plant but attached them to the shelter rock I used. I bought them on Amazon. Heres the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SPBLV3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or you can look them up:

Aquarium Grass Plants Seeds,Aquatic Double Leaf Carpet Water Grass,Oxygenating Weed Live Pond Plant Seeds,Fish Aquatic Water Grass Decor,Easy to Plant Grow Maintain (Green-S D L)​

Thank you, I will definitely look into these!

Hi guys! I have had axolots for about three months now, two fairly young ones called Guapo (spanish for handsome) and Citrine (A yellow gemstone). My axos were not cooperating and I couldn't take pictures lol

Welcome, I love your axolotls names! I think you are going to really enjoy it here. I for one have learned so much for everyone in this community:).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back