Hi from Molch

Molch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yoohoo,
I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I got bored with the internet, haha. Would rather spend time with newts and dogs than on the web. But all the newts are fine; I've had offspring of all species except the strauchii; "the girls lay but the boys don't spray", har har, so all eggs have been duds. This winter I will hibernate girls and boys separately, hopefully that'll get the boys more excited come springtime.We'll see.

I have a neotene alpine newt, now almost 2 years old. A female, I think; adult size now, looks like a mini axolotl. Is that unusual in alpine (apuanus..) newts? Am curious...

Will post pics next week; traveling currently.

I'll try to be good and post more again.
cheers!

Hi Molch, I'm still pretty new on here, but I read lots of your threads and they normally make me giggle!
It's nice to see another C. pyrrho keeper back online, I think we're a dying breed a the moment. :)

It's Molch Stark! I thought the north had devoured you :p
Glad to see everybody is doing well. Neoteny, specially facultative neoteny is fairly common in alpines, it's among the species of newt that are the most prone to it. However, it is imperative that we see pictures, you see, because....reasons....

Welcome back :)

thanks folks; pics will come next week. Gotta take some good ones of the neotene..

Welcome back!

You always succeeded to make me giggle too. You would be surprised how much I have missed seeing you're posts! See you around :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back