Hi ?

Missy86

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all ?

My name is Mel and I am a complete newbie to the world of axolotyls and I am chasing as much info as I can get as I have just ended up with 5 babies about 2cm long so any information to help me on my way would be appreciated ?

Hi there and welcome to the forum. :happy:

There are a lot of very experienced keeprs and breeders on the site and they have an amazing amount of knowledge.

I only got my gang earlier this year, but these are some of the sites I used for information:
Caudata Culture Axolotl Articles
Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander

I hope that this helps and please post any specific questions or issues that you have and we will try to help.

Best of luck with your babies, and please post some pics when you can - we'd love to see them. :happy:

This is really the best site I have found so far to find everything about lotls

Hey! Welcome to the forum! Five axolotls is a great situation to fall into! I guess my advice is pleanty of perseverance when you switch them to live food and as soon as any show as male get them away from everyone else! Or else you might end up with about 1000 suprises come next year lol

Missy welcome! ? whatever you need to ask, don't hesitate in doing so. There's lots of good people here with great advice - but also a lot of people who post a lot and post a lot of tosh. So be weary of that! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back