Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

high temperature

jennag446

Reaction score
hi, today is a warm day in my area, and my axie’s tank just reached 70 degrees f (21 degrees c). i do not have a fan yet for the tank. what would help to bring the temperature down? i was thinking about trying to put a bag of ice in the tank and float it, but i don’t know if that’s ok to do.

Autistic Catholic

Reaction score
That will do the trick for this temperature fluctuation. Make certain you have multiple bags of ice and that the water is dechlorinated as you'll need to swap out regularly. If it's sealed tight, you should even be able to reuse.

wolfen

Reaction score
make sure to lower the temperature gently, to fast can be stressful.
also make sure that the temperature can be easy to maintain, you don't want to drop the temperature then find that you haven't got any ice ready so the temperature shoots back up again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1