How do i get rid of snails?

david w

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, i want to get live plants for my 20 gallon newt tank, but the people at the pet store said they cant garuntee any plants to not have snails.

last time i tried this, i had a massive snail out break.

i dont plan to have any snail eating fish in this 20 gal, so id like to "cleanse" the plants before they go in

Buy some assassins snails they do wonders for my tank. They will kill the other snails 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a slice of cucumber at the bottom of the tank and leave it be overnight. Snails will gather on it, and just remove it. It doesn't polute the water, no chemicals and works great.

Put a slice of cucumber at the bottom of the tank and leave it be overnight. Snails will gather on it, and just remove it. It doesn't polute the water, no chemicals and works great.

I agree with this, however it is important to monitor the plants after the snail removal because there could still be eggs left on the plants and some very tiny snails hiding in there. Other than that, it should work great :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back