Which do you prefer or use for fungus?

• Indian Almond Leaves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Binditheaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I’ve made a poll because I’m curious! I’ve never had any problems with fungus before, but I know people have varied opinions on it. Maybe one of the moderators will pin this so other people can use it as a resource?

Oh, this is interesting and I'm unsure how to answer.

The way I see it:
- John's Solution, just as any other method of maintaining water quality, is to prevent fungus.
- Salt baths (and methylene blue, though my knowledge of it is lacking), is to treat fungus.
- Tea baths or Indian Almond leaves can be used to help recover from fungus.
So maybe the answer would be: all of the above?

On the other hand I never had any fungus problems myself, so I guess I would prefer none of the above. That might be a bit pedantic, though.

@Murk

What is John's Solution? Is that something that can be bought? And what is a salt bath, like, table salt or some special salt?

John's solution is something you make its a mix of pickling/aquarium salt, pure epsom salts and baking soda in a specific ratio.

Its what I keep recommending and my recipe is floating around in the forums.

@Murk

What is John's Solution? Is that something that can be bought? And what is a salt bath, like, table salt or some special salt?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back