How To Prevent And Cure Constipation In Larvaes?

KrabzAga

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
KrabzAga
Hello. I have 3 eastern newt larvae. 2 of them are under an inch in size and the larger one is an inch long. They each have their own containers so that they don’t kill each other.
The 2 smaller ones are floating vertically which from my research means that they are constipated. However, I haven’t found any solutions to prevent constipation. I feed them daily with either chopped frozen bloodworm or frozen brine shrimp. I sometimes feed them newly hatched fairy shrimp aswell. I also do water changes daily and I refill with aged tank water. Since they are floating against their will I lowered the water to just covering them. However I don’t think this is a solution. The larger larvae used to float aswell but after a while he stopped floating and is now eating like a champ. I really don’t think it is a issue with the water parameters. So if anyone have any similar experiences or solutions please leave it in the comments!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back