How to start a earthworm farm

G

grant

Ok guys i'm really looking into starting an earthworm farm. Does anyone have any experience with this. From what I hear all I really need is a box to put them in, put in some dirt, some orange peels or apple cores and that kind of stuff, and keep it moist and they will breed. I have no idea if this is true or not. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure either. A tip - I have a store bought worm farm and they specify No meat, No citrus (including orange peel) and No onion. I guess everything else is OK.

Yeah, I just chucked in some skin from my butternut from dinner last night and some old crumbly bit off the edge of my brocolli since it was going in the bin anyway, peeked into the box this morning and the few little bits i hadnt mixed into the dirt were covered in worms.
So, my guess is, they like it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back