Hyla Meridionalis

kevin

Reaction score
Country
Wales
Hi folks,
Has anyone ever kept Hyla Meridionalis, the Stripeless Treefrog, or better yet, managed to breed them????
I can find very little useful information on the web, and would be grateful for any info, no matter how small....Cheers...Kevin.

Leonardo......
Your friend in Genova, mailed me with lots of information regarding my Hyla Meridionalis, and I would just like to say a big thank you, it has helped me tremendously.
Thanks again.....Kevin.

And when they do breed, Kevin, please know I'm interested!
For anyone who hasn't experienced the charm of Hylids, cut and paste http://pdubois.free.fr/espece.php?MyEspece=HYLMER
These are almost as lovely as Hyla arborea, my all time favourite, in case I've not said so before!
Meridionalis seems more "streamlined", with a difference in stripe?

The 'stripe' terminates at around the shoulder area Matt.
A good description, together with those of dozens of other Hylidae species can be found on the AmphibiaWeb site
http://elib.cs.berkeley.edu/aw/index.html
This is the only site that I could find any info. on Meridionalis worth reading.
I was, I admit totally ignorant regarding this species, but thanks to Leo's mate in Italy, I am a whole lot wiser.
Apparently, in some areas, they ignore natural ponds, and spawn in containers such as water butts...Anyhow....Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Cheers.........Kevin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back