I can send you Holtfreter's Solution (dry) or Potassium Permanganate for ingredient cost + shipping (within Canada will be really cheap)

faebugz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I finally received KCl, CaCl2, and potassium permanganate in the mail! I know these can be difficult to source/prohibitively expensive for lay people like me to get ahold of, so I'd like to offer these at cost (what I paid) to whoever needs them.

You'll also need to pay for shipping, if you're in Canada the cheapest shipping option (up to 100g) is only $1.94.

Cheapest to the USA is $8.34 (also up to 100g).

I can't send potassium permanganate to the USA as it's a restricted substance in the US and I don't have the necessary permits to clear it over the border (it's legal within Canada).

For the Holtfreter's Solution, I assume most people have salt and baking soda at home, however if you need I can include those (be aware shipping will go up since the main component of Holtfreter's is salt). Epsom salts are also frequently recommended to be included, if you don't have access to food grade source and would like them included, I can add that as well.

This table shows the cost if you wanted enough for a couple different sample volumes of water at a 100% concentration:

Screenshot 2023-02-07 045531.png

And this table is the price with shipping for enough for 100% concentration in 50L water, as an example

Screenshot 2023-02-07 053820.png

So if you were Canadian, and wanted enough potassium permanganate for 50L of baths, for example, that would only cost $1.95.

Mods I hope this kind of post is allowed! I wouldn't make any money from this, I just want to help some people out as I know how tough it can be if you're low budget and something happens with your pet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back