<i>Hynobius naevius</i> (Buchi Salamander)

TJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tim Johnson
6216.jpg

6217.jpg

6218.jpg

Well, Henk, to me it looks very much like licenatus, though I have much less experience with them. I'd like to see a pic of what you'd consider to be a typical licenatus juvie. Mine are also very spotted, as seen here:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/13/2541.html?1064171728

Maybe it will become more "licenatus-like" as it grows
wink.gif

I just love the "antennae" on my buchi pictured above. It looks like its capable of picking up short-wave radio signals, maybe even cable channels
lol.gif
Have you raised these before?

By the way, this weekend, I will be acquiring a single H.stejnegeri larvae. The only other news on the Hynobius front is that one of my retardatus larvae was cannibalized today
sad.gif

What is it with you out there : restaurants offering salamanders on he menu, larvae eating eachother ...
proud.gif

No seriosu now: the retardatus laravae are famous for their canniblastic bahavior and there are quite some articles on that subject. Have not seen it occur in my sibblings, but I think it also happens there . Raised about 48 retardatus juvies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back