<i>Nebulosus</i> breeding site

E

erik

Here is a breeding site for "highland form" H.nebulosus in Tottori pref.

20820.jpg

Excellent!
biggrin.gif
(and what a surprise!)

Indeed, there are various forms of H.nebulosus, some of which may be classified in the future as distinct species.

Erik, do you mean to say you've been visiting Japan without looking me up?
angry.gif
If you're still around, I'd be happy to arrange a day trip to observe Onychodactylus japonicus and misc. hynobiids, as well as Cynops pyrrhogaster, in the Kanto or Tohoku areas. You can mail me at timtim@gol.com

I was just an hour's drive away from Tottori last week...

(Message edited by TJ on August 18, 2004)

Sorry man, the thought crossed my mind, but I was on a tight schedule,working on a radio-telemetry project. Any animals we saw besides Andrias were just by accident really. I'll drop you an email
happy.gif

On second thought, that's pretty dark coloration for a H.nebulosus larvae. Maybe it's just the effect of the light but the ones I've raised have been much lighter. I would have guessed it's a Cynops pyrrhogaster larvae. And now I see you didn't identify it as a H.nebulosus larvae, just as a H.nebulosus breeding site. The plot thickens...
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by TJ on August 30, 2004)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back