Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I need some help

Wolf645

Reaction score
my green tree frog in a 10 gallon tank with 50 watt baskling blub and i wanted to know how long i should leave the timer on. each day. For example: like 10 hrs a day.

Wolf645

Reaction score
Or should i use a 25 watt or 50 watt florsent bulb for now on?

tmarmoratus

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Depends on the kind of temps you're reaching. I have to say, 50 watts seems like it could be too much for the summer months, but it really it comes down to the kind of temperatures being reached.

Wolf645

Reaction score
Depends on the kind of temps you're reaching. I have to say, 50 watts seems like it could be too much for the summer months, but it really it comes down to the kind of temperatures being reached.
I live in maryland and right now its summer. I just need something to absord or evaporate the water to avoid mold and to keep the temp around 75. But i was going to use a 40 watt floresnt bulb all year. Or should i use a 25 for now. and how long should i keep it on daily/hourly.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!