Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: I'd Like to Introduce...My First 'Lotl!

knyptozoologist

Reaction score
I caved in and decided to buy her! At least...I'm pretty sure it's a her! She's about 7-10" long and has white toes, so I figured that's big enough/sexually mature where it would be easy to tell and her cloaca isn't huge, so....assuming female!

I got her from a LFS that's had her for the last few weeks (basically since I started setting up my tank) and since they STILL hadn't gotten a shipment of any smaller ones I just decided to take her (especially since it sounds like they only ever get albino and wildtype and she's fairly dark, which is what I wanted). I think they were pretty happy since she's been there awhile and I've been in every week looking at her.

Anyway! I haven't decided on a name yet...I was thinking "Champ" after the Lake Champlain monster, but that sounds more like a boy name so maybe "Nessie"...

Anyway....here are the pics of the progression of my tank as well as the pics of her enjoying her first day in it!

0425130931.jpg
0425131456.jpg
0426130959.jpg
0526131833-1.jpg
0529131629.jpg
0529131629a.jpg
0529131701.jpg
0529131702.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness of the photos, I do not have the greatest camera.

knyptozoologist

Reaction score
I got her to eat her first worm from my hand today!

I wasn't sure if she would since she sucked up the one fish in my tank about 30 seconds after I put her in there, but I wanted to offer it just in the event she was a bit hungry.

CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD! She slurped it down like spaghetti! :D

Jasmini

Reaction score
Cute axie! But ehh, I'm pretty sure your axie is a boy... :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!