Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I'd love to see everyone's breeding set ups plz

iSuzie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I usually have my set up on a big wooden shelves, with the tubs all in a row, this time Iv got new tubs that are stackable, with daily water changes there will be no need for air holes so I'm planning on having them all stacked up this time as I no longer use my spare room with my selves for a breeding room as it's now my 5 year old daughters bedroom.
I'd love to see everyone else's breeding set ups and any good ideas on space saving tricks and tips, how do you guys make room for all ur tanks and tubs ect?? :)

Shell2842

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of rearranging/ resetting my breeding and tank setup's so I "second" this post. I'd love to see and hear space saving tips!

tokemoke

Reaction score
Got my first batch of eggs (so Excited!!!) and hope some people will weigh in here on setups for rearing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1