Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I'm releasing a video game/visual novel about Axolotl and would love your opinions

RBAxolotlDev

Reaction score
Hey fellow Axolotl lovers. First off I apologize if posting this is against the rules, I couldn't find an appropriate thread to read.

The name of the game is: RB: Axolotl: A Dark Story about Cute Axolotl

Anyway, just like you guys I'm a huge fan of Axolotl so much so that I decided to make a game about them. I think these little guys are very underrepresented in a lot of the wider community and when explaining my game many people went "wait, are those real creatures?"

So if the game does well (if it gets made in the first place depends on funding/the kickstarter) then, hopefully it will widen the fanbase and awareness of axolotl a bit.

I spent a lot of my life on this game. The past 7 months or so, on and off, learning the engine. It's gotten me through points of depression, and I worked so hard to get to this point.

That being said, here it is. If you have the least bit of interest I encourage you to check out the demo on the kickstarter page (very top), or the trailer, or read the summary.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/actawesome/rb-axolotl-a-dark-tale-about-cute-axolotl

I live in California, where unfortunately I cannot own an Axolotl as a pet, but I travel to the zoo when I can to see them. And god, do I just love them so much. You'll see that in the game and the demo. It's also quite the emotional and dark story, as it has more to do with than *just* Axolotl love. It's also a mystery story, it has romance, adventure, and even a little meta-mania.

Anyway if you have any questions I'd love to answer them. I hope all of your days are going well!

tundrabadger

Reaction score
Demo doesn't seem to want to work for me. Also now I'm kind of sad that I can't get a purple axolotl, my little group being "Kind of white but also kind of pink" "Kind of white but slightly more kind of pink" and "Black with hints of other black"

Bakedbeanpizza

Reaction score
I absolutely love it! Such a good idea and wonderful colours and characters.

I'm awfully sorry you can't get axies where you live.

lanold

Reaction score
I wish you success and I hope the game will do well. Like you, I am a big fan of all video games, but unlike you, I was never a programmer and I have no clue how to develop a game. I hope you will succeed and as soon as your game is ready, please let me know. My favourite game is Battlefield 5, but I also like to play Call of Duty. By the way, did you know that there are cheats and hacks for these games that can allow being the best always? For example I didn't know until stumbling on this site Escape From Tarkov Hacks 🥇 EFT Cheats, Aimbot, ESP, Radar Hack - Battlelog.co. Then I got a few hacks, and now I am unbeatable.

Lorians

Reaction score
I looked over your game, and I can say that it's ok at first, but it seems too childish for me. Of course, I can't compare it with CS GO or Fortnite. I know that creating a game requires a lot of time, but also financial resources and no one can promise you that your game will be successful. I was even watching CS GO they try by all possible methods to maintain their game and make good money, even their the most expensive csgo skins sell very well. However, I think it is a good start for you. I liked the graphics and the colors you used for the axolotls, by the way my pet is an axolotl. I love him so much.
However, I do not understand, why to have an axolotl in California is illegal?

Last edited:

carol.lawrence

Reaction score
https://boosthive.eu/service/d4-leveling is an excellent choice to consider if you are a gamer looking for a trustworthy and forthright service to assist you in achieving your objectives. Because of this, they are an excellent choice for players who seek to advance in levels, improve their skills in the game, or triumph over difficult challenges.

Last edited:

alexburton

Reaction score
I just checked out your Kickstarter page, and the demo looks promising. The mix of mystery, romance, adventure, and a touch of meta-mania sounds intriguing. Plus, your personal connection to the Axolotls shines through, even if you can't own one as a pet in California. If you're interested in trying new games, check out bingo for cash. I like it for winning real money.

Last edited:

Joodsil

Reaction score
To help gamers advance through difficult levels more quickly or to enhance their skills, game boosting services have grown to be a major component of the gaming industry. In addition to giving users a useful shortcut, these businesses carve out a distinct niche for themselves in the gaming industry. In order to guarantee that players locate reliable and trustworthy boosting providers, websites such as https://boosters.gg/division-2/ouroboros/ are essential because they provide reviews and advice

Last edited:

karenberys

Reaction score
Keep up the fantastic work, and best of luck with your Kickstarter campaign!

jamiksreck

Reaction score
Your initiative to create a game centered around Axolotls is fascinating! It's refreshing to see someone embracing their passion for these adorable creatures and translating it into a creative endeavor. I'm intrigued by the concept of "RB: Axolotl: A Dark Story about Cute Axolotl" and how you plan to showcase these creatures in a unique light. Exploring their underrepresented presence in the wider community through gaming is indeed a novel approach. Have you considered delving into Games That Pay Instantly to Cash App for potential funding avenues or community engagement strategies? Your dedication to raising awareness about Axolotls is commendable, and I'm excited to see how your game unfolds!

Last edited:

carol.lawrence

Reaction score
By providing this venue, Nursingpaper pay for nursing paper , an essay writing service, fosters an inclusive environment where students and expert writers may collaborate. Student participation in the writing process may be fostered by free communication of feelings and ideas as well as supportive comments, recommendations, and critiques. The end result may be more easily assessed to determine whether it lives up to the students' expectations in this way. Collaborating on an essay not only helps students become better writers, but it also gives them more self-assurance.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!