Injured Ambystoma Gracile

Just a thought, do you think he could be in the water dish because he's finding his environment a bit too dry?

From my experience they can be underwater for a long time. They usually surface for air every 10 minutes or so, but can hold it a lot longer.
If he's in a water dish then its pretty shallow right? So for him to surface for air it should just require him sticking his head up? Cause that's pretty easy. I wouldn't worry about it, if he wants to surface he will.

Like chinadog said, it is a bit odd that he would just sit in his water bowl? Could you post a pic of the entire setup? That would help.

u7asa7y7.jpg

Okay so I know its really small but its what they gave me. He really seems to enjoy the water dish but sometimes he gets pale and it scares me haha..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The setup looks good to me. Its alright that its small, he's not that big.

He turns pale! OK, that is odd, and not normal. I have no idea why that would happen unless he has lost blood. Keep a close eye on him.

What are you feeding currently? And is he eating it? -Seth

I try to feed earthworms. No luck yet

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back