Is my axolotl sick?

Hesskat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, so I have had my axolotl for about 5 years and he is about 6 years old now. Recently he started getting these little white spots. He was born with some specks of gold on him, however these spots began to appear every few months and now they just keep popping up out of nowhere. I’ve tried to research what it may be, but kind of had no luck. Is he just getting old? Could it be a disease? Water levels/temps/feeding schedule is all good. I just have no clue what it could be. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Katheryn

Attachments

• 182BE3ED-AFEF-4527-877F-26E7EFD5BB7D.jpeg
    182BE3ED-AFEF-4527-877F-26E7EFD5BB7D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 467
  • EE32A381-2285-4AC5-9AB5-F1BC3597E9CB.jpeg
    EE32A381-2285-4AC5-9AB5-F1BC3597E9CB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 64
unless the spots are pronounced they tend to be quite harmless and just areas that have lost their pigmentation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back