Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is my toad NOT a Oriental Fire Belly?

S

sitruuna

I have had my toad CJ for months now with my two other Oriental fire-bellys.But I read that ''A toad thats brown with green patches is not a Oriental fire-belly'' Could CJ be a differnt kind of toad,cause shes all brown with just 2 light green patches on her back (with black spots of coarse) while my oter two are a bright green (with black spots) no brown.Her belly looks the same as my other fire bellys though.I got some pics of her:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/darkend_shadow2c/Picture243.jpg
Thats her..and the bottom pic is her with my other fire-bellys.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/darkend_shadow2c/Picture338.jpg
So,is CJ a Oriental?Please help me figure out what kind of toad she is.
Thanks,
Sitruuna

S

sergé

There are many different color variants of B. orientalis. Also completely brown ones. But this one is also a B. orientalis. They can even be from the same population.

J

joan

Don't believe everything you read online, especially if it's not from an accredited, reputable site.

A

ajfr0ggy

Im sure that is an oriental firebelly. How old are they? many of my young ones are that colour, but are getting much greener, a few are fully green now
41768.jpg

E

emanuele

Normally when they turn to brown it does means that they have heat problems. If the temperature is too high or the air is stagnant, they normally turn brown. It's a stress sign in Bombina orientalis}.
Bye
Ema

E

evereen

Certainly that is an oriental fire-belly. The young FBT are all brown. When grow up they change colour, one sooner other slower.
Moreover bombinas like to fit one's colours to tint of base steel. Yours have many plants and vivid (bright?) colour of stones, that's very good. Certainly Yours new bombina'll be green soon
happy.gif

Regards.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!