Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is this food safe for my axolotl?

Shane_Yogurt

Reaction score
Hey, so yesterday I was slicing up a batch of frozen bloodworms for my axie. When I cut the frozen block one of the pieces flew onto the floor. I quickly picked it up and placed it back into the container, i then fed my axolotl the OTHER half of the bloodworms and put the rest in the freezer. I was wondering if the bloodworms are still safe for the axolotl since they were freezed and it could have possibly killed the bad bacteria. But since im still worried about my axolotl getting sick from the bloodworms i could use some help.

WaterLily05

Reaction score
I would not worry about it. Maybe rinse it off in the sink before you feed it to your axolotl. Blackworms or earthworms would be a more nutritious choice for food though!

Shane_Yogurt

Reaction score
I would not worry about it. Maybe rinse it off in the sink before you feed it to your axolotl. Blackworms or earthworms would be a more nutritious choice for food though!
Thanks! And I am working on ordering some blackworms but they are hard to find. He's still a juvenile so the earthworms are just too big for him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!