Ive had 4 red elf newts for about 6 weeks now .....

S

sam

And there doing great! Thanks to all of your help. I am experenced now and am very attached to them. there so cute. SO anyways the other day i was cleaning there tank for the first time. And as i was taking out some moss i looked at the soil and there i saw these little clear balls... there was 5. So i didnt think of anything and picked up the other moss patches, there was more and more. I picked one up it was very small but sticked to my finger. There in the middle was a little whitish spot... they were all diffrent. In the tank i had some slugs to controll the wasts of the newts. That worked great. And also some ants which the newts ate few of later i learned they dont like them as much as worms. So i am very confused about what the heck the white balls were. i was going to save them in and put them back in the tank but later after i was done cleaning the tank and everything they were gone. I lost them
sad.gif
I was so mad because i was going to take a picture and show you all but i cant now. PLEASE HELP ME!!

I want my newts to breed
happy.gif
HOW HOW HOW!!?

Firstly I think you mean "red efts" not "elfs"!.The eggs were probably slugs eggs so I wouldnt worry too much about them.

they were either the slug, ant, or newt eggs, and they were gone because your newt got a little hungry. they wont hesitate to eat their own eggs, it's actually a treat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back