I've Officially Traned a Dragon

Turtle Poop

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm so excited that I had to share this. My IGA has always had a huge eating disorder ...Ive tried so hard and actually do not know how she has survived. Got her at beginning of Oct 2021 and she was aprox 8" in length. She hates worms of all kinds, so I started slowly introducing pellets that I was wary about. Still try like crazy to get her to eat even a bite of 1 but have been thrilled at 1/3 of one. Anyways, I have a dish that I've been offering maybe 2 or 3 a week. I've offered a couple with tongs which she likes. Then tonight she got smell of them and went to feeding dish...sooo smart and awesome. At this point I don't care if she wants to eat dog meat...jk

Attachments

• 20220424_232159.jpg
    20220424_232159.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 985
Last edited:
You need to lose the gravel, its an impaction risk.

I completely understand it's a risk but also it's a risk of stress in bare bottom. Mine have never been impacted but I have used the recommended gravel that I've read about online with links to back their word. Axolotls come from a lake in Mexico that has rocks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back