Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Japanese Cynops imports.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been waiting forever for these to show up and today they finally did! They are C. pyrrhogaster kanto and C. ensicauda popei from a seller in Japan. Although somewhat expensive, they arrived in excellent shape with all the appropriate paperwork and were well worth it. ;) 8)

Attachments

• SAM_9309.jpg
    SAM_9309.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 637
  • SAM_9306.jpg
    SAM_9306.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 582
  • SAM_9310.jpg
    SAM_9310.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 544
  • SAM_9307.jpg
    SAM_9307.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 569
  • SAM_9313.jpg
    SAM_9313.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 537

sde

Reaction score
My goodness, you nearly gave me a heart attack! Chinadog, buying WC newts, how could it be?!

Nice one, those are some cool figurines.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He he! they are really lifelike in the right setting, I just had to buy them. They're made by Kitan in Japan. They're part of a series, there's also a Japanese Giant Salamander and a completely red pyrrho. They're magnetic as well apart from the one with the key chain, I'm going to hang that one from the rear view mirror in my Volkswagen.

Last edited:

AuSu

Reaction score
Cool, I had similar thoughts with Seth wondering did they really send you some in that plastic box and is Japanese moss really safe to bring in Britain... :D

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool, I had similar thoughts with Seth wondering did they really send you some in that plastic box and is Japanese moss really safe to bring in Britain... :D

You're not the only one they fooled, I put one in the shower for Lisa to find when she got in from work. She did think it was real, but she just casually asked why there was one of my newts in the shower.
She knows me too well and nothing surprises her any more, she's used to the strange things I sometimes do! 8)

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Tricked me too... I gazed very longingly at the C. ensicauda popei and was crossing everything for you to successfully breed them :)

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I do have three CB juvenile C. e popei so keep crossing everything and hope there's both sexes, I know I am! I will make a thread on them very soon. ;) :)

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the whole set. It looks like it would be between 50.00 and 60.00. I was price shopping but couldn't find them cheaper.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I wish I'd bought them as a set, the ones I did buy worked out about $14 each so the set would be better value. They are the best newt figurines I've ever seen though, especially the pyrrho ones.

DIPLO

Reaction score
Wow Congratulation! :) I'll bring some juvernile sword tailed newt instead of them.

나의 SM-G150NS 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!