william

i've heard lots of stories of java moss and i was wondering:
1. where can i get it(in england)
2. how much will it cost
3. why is it so good in the first place
4. is it hardy
5. what does it look like
6. anything else i need to know

(Message edited by will_j on September 26, 2004)

1. most shops that sell tropical fish will have it.

2. Normally sold in small bags for about a quid.

3. Cause it survives in low light and spreads easily, also, its easy to plant.. elastic band it onto a log or rock.

4. yep

5. http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/img/dubyana3.jpg

6. if you strike out trying to find some i can send you a bit

(Message edited by Colin on September 26, 2004)

I can't find it locally around here. Seems like it's such a staple aquarium plant that most pet stores would have it.

whats also very cool about java moss is it will grow as an aquatic or a terrestrial. you can get it to grow up logs or rocks or whatever out of the water and it gets a very neat layered look to it.

Meghan, Even though it is a very hardy plant and it seems like it would be perfect in all aquariums most Petshops dislike for the fact that it spreads so quickly and can clog filters pretty easily. At least, That's why my local pet shop won't order any.

never thought of it from that angle..I spose I don't have the problem though. I have my filter suctioning underneath the gravel.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back