Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Just a couple of questions

ashleymonae1

Reaction score
I have a 36x18x36 and I was wondering if I can house my pacman with my green tree frogs. The pacman is only at the lower level and the tree frogs only come down for water and food they stay in the upper levels of the terrarium. Is this safe to do or should I keep them separated. Also this book I got from a pet store said you can house tree frogs with other frogs and or Anoles if the terrarium is big enough is this a true fact. Thank you so much in advance.
frogsmile.gif
Frog---white-matted.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

esn

Reaction score
Not safe with the pacman! I can almost guarantee that at some point one or multiple of your tree frogs will go missing.

As for housing tree frogs together, and anoles - it's not recommended by most, though there are many people who do it successfully. You'll have to research that on your own and decide what to do.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
If I'm completely honest, I simply don't agree with mixing for the fact that it isnt normal or natural in anyway. There is nothing wrong with keeping animals separate and there seems to be this huge phase at the moment where people are wanting to try it. There is a few things you need to think about:

1. Do they or would they come in contact in the wild?
2. Do you require the same habitat and requirements?
3. Size of the animals in question.

and quite a few more which are in the thread! lol Plus also Pacman's tend to eat anything that moves and aren't afraid to do so!

Either way heres a thread for you to read through and make your own decision :)

New Comers to Amphibs - Don't Mix Species Topic

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!