Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Kaiseri - Article 10

RobM

Reaction score
Hi all,
Very sad days.I will be selling my collection soon.
For my group of N.kaiseri I will need to secure some Article 10 certificates, however I'm a bit confused by the form. Is anyone that has successfully completed this process, able to send me an example of what you sent? I think mine is going to be particularly confusing as my group have come from 3 different sources, which will be fun...

Thank you,
Rob

RobM

Reaction score
Still struggling with this, so please don't think my troubles have been resolved!

Thanks,
Rob,

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which bit in particular are you struggling with? I have certificates I can reference but can't remember exactly what's on the application form.

RobM

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

Form location: FED1012 – Application form for a CITES article 10 or article 60 certificate « Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency

I guess it might be worth writing a list of some questions:
1) As mine come from different sources, should I be submitting several applications?
2) For description of specimens, what sort of things should I describe? Also I don't know their date of birth and several are still unsexed.
3) What evidence can I provide? I think I only have emails and message from breeders regarding them. Is that likely to be enough?

How long did this whole process take for your first group? Is there any warning you would give me?

Thank you,
Rob

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take a look when I get in this evening.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From memory, group certification is only possible if the animals are from the same breeding. If you have animals from 3 different sources you'll need to make 3 different applications at £25 a go.

Descriptions can be simple. For unsexed newts I have "One live newt - Bred January 2011" and for sexed newts "One live Male Newt - Bred 2007"

As for evidence, I had to provide the name and address of the breeder of my adult group and also photographic evidence of the eggs, larvae, juveniles etc.

The source should be C - "Annex A animals bred in captivity for non-commercial purposes.."

Section 18 should have "are captive born and bred or artificially propagated specimens" ticked.

It takes a few weeks and there can be delays whilst they check details. I suspect it helps if you know of animals that are related to yours who already have certificates. For example mine originally came from Alan Cann and certificates had already been issued for other animals from that breeding. If you know of existing certs for related animals tell them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!