Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Laotriton laoensis information

TomaszJanulewic

Reaction score
Hello ;)
someone of you can tell description os these spieces and informations about housing and requirements ?
I would appreciate a response

Cheers Tomasz

Autum

Banned
Reaction score
The description part is a no brainer...

But they are mostly aquatic. I don't even provide a land area and they do fine. I have lots of java fern and fake plants in their tank, as well as a terracotta half hide and a large rock. The tank is a 20 gallon long, with a male and female pair. I expect the female to lay eggs soon.

Searching the forum is your friend...

TomaszJanulewic

Reaction score
Sorry for my english..
I read threads on forum, and on internet, but i want I want more detailed information, of the tank what they must have, ect.

- FrogEyes - your link don't work....

velasco13000

Reaction score
I wanted to ask a question about my laos....hes about 3-4 inches long..around when should i place him in an aquatic set up??

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1