Laxative Syrup

alullinthesea

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hello,

We have a sick leuc axie. He's been sick for about 10 days now. We're currently keeping him in the fridge between 10~14 Celsius. He was completely lifeless before putting in the fridge, so we're thankful to fridging.

Yesterday we took him to a vet and got an x-ray. Nothing is inside of him and the vet assures us that he is healthy. We're not buying it, though. Our axie had trouble swimming and couldn't balance himself which resulted him being upside down. Although he has better balance now, our axie hasn't eaten for a week and has even released green material. The first one was probably from processing the one blood worm he ate. But the other two times, I'm not sure from what are the green things coming from...his tummy should be completely empty. I've read that this is pus due to an infection and it's a good sign of healing.

Anyways, all this to say that the vet gave us some kind of liquid. The Japanese name of this medicine is グルコース ラキソベロン (we live in Japan). The translation is Glucose Laxoberon, I believe. I couldn't find much information on this, but it is probably a laxitive syrup. Since we are hesitant about using this, your experience/wisdom on this would be very much appreciated.

I suppose this medicine is for constipation, but I don't know if this is our axie's issue. Would this medicine somehow encourage eating?

I'm attaching two pictures of our axie, Peach. In the picture, you might think that there isn't enough water but please be rest assured that there's enough water covering his entire body. We had the water amount like this to help him find balance. He is actually able to roll himself back on his belly when he gets lopsided and such with this amount of water.

Thank you so much for reading.

Attachments

• IMG20210730164959.jpg
    IMG20210730164959.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 315
  • IMG20210730165024.jpg
    IMG20210730165024.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hello,

We have a sick leuc axie. He's been sick for about 10 days now. We're currently keeping him in the fridge between 10~14 Celsius. He was completely lifeless before putting in the fridge, so we're thankful to fridging.

Yesterday we took him to a vet and got an x-ray. Nothing is inside of him and the vet assures us that he is healthy. We're not buying it, though. Our axie had trouble swimming and couldn't balance himself which resulted him being upside down. Although he has better balance now, our axie hasn't eaten for a week and has even released green material. The first one was probably from processing the one blood worm he ate. But the other two times, I'm not sure from what are the green things coming from...his tummy should be completely empty. I've read that this is pus due to an infection and it's a good sign of healing.

Anyways, all this to say that the vet gave us some kind of liquid. The Japanese name of this medicine is グルコース ラキソベロン (we live in Japan). The translation is Glucose Laxoberon, I believe. I couldn't find much information on this, but it is probably a laxitive syrup. Since we are hesitant about using this, your experience/wisdom on this would be very much appreciated.

I suppose this medicine is for constipation, but I don't know if this is our axie's issue. Would this medicine somehow encourage eating?

I'm attaching two pictures of our axie, Peach. In the picture, you might think that there isn't enough water but please be rest assured that there's enough water covering his entire body. We had the water amount like this to help him find balance. He is actually able to roll himself back on his belly when he gets lopsided and such with this amount of water.

Thank you so much for reading.
If you think your axie is constipated, a good remedy is repashy grub pie. I've used this for my axolotl before and he loves it. Since it is high in fat content, it promotes bowel movement. Just be sure not to feed this to your axolotl too often since it will start to make him kinda fat. Salmon is also another remedy for constipation, but I have not tried it yet.

Hopefully someone else can help you further if the repashy doesn't work. I hope your axolotl feels better soon!

If you think your axie is constipated, a good remedy is repashy grub pie. I've used this for my axolotl before and he loves it. Since it is high in fat content, it promotes bowel movement. Just be sure not to feed this to your axolotl too often since it will start to make him kinda fat. Salmon is also another remedy for constipation, but I have not tried it yet.

Hopefully someone else can help you further if the repashy doesn't work. I hope your axolotl feels better soon!
Hi,

Thank you so much for your insights. I will definitely look into this!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back