Leaches in with black worms…

WildHareRanch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! Perplexed here… bought a 1/2 pound of black worms and it filled with what I assume are leeches! How do I get rid of them? Why are they there? Bad for the worms?… sorry… so many questions! TIA

dangle some raw meat ie.. liver into the water (leave in overnight), if the leaches are attracted then they are the type that feed on other animals, if the leaches aren't interested in the meat then they will be the type that eat plant waste and muck and are quite harmless.

dangle some raw meat ie.. liver into the water (leave in overnight), if the leaches are attracted then they are the type that feed on other animals, if the leaches aren't interested in the meat then they will be the type that eat plant waste and muck and are quite harmless.
Thanks so very much! So if they eat the meat… theoretically I should just be able to take out the meat and they will be gone?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back