Leviathan, the cutest sea monster ever~

E Mandragora

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Aion
I'm new to the whole axolotl game, though I've been pining after one for about 6 years. I'm so in love with my little Levi... My cat now meows with jealous pathos any time I go near the tank. Which is often. >>

He's now about 3-4 months old, is roughly 5 inches long, and VERY active. He just never settles, but never panics either.... and he's an incredibly social little guy. I don't think he's gone into either one of his hides even once... he likes watching what's going on outside the tank far too much. He slurps even long earthworms like spaghetti. He is also a ham for the camera, and gives 'kisses' through the glass (basically frills, then swims up and bonks the glass if you make a kissy face at him, often followed by bubbles). He'll sit in your hand if you leave it cupped for him, and he likes a very light petting down his tail membrane, too. He'll hang out just leaning into your finger as long as you like. X3 I think he may have been a dog in a past life. He's a pretty carefree, sweet little dude, and I feel really lucky to have gotten such a great little personality in my very first lotl.

He's either a melanoid or a dark wildtype... it's very difficult to tell. His eyes aren't even a good indicator. But he has no iridophores, that's for sure. He's still just a juvvie so he's changing slowly. I hope he turns out like his mum, who was ink blue. Not that it matters, I'd love him no less even if he were the plainest lotl in the world.

I am CERTAIN I'll be getting more of these little buggers as time goes on. But for now, have some cute pics of my squiggly sea monster. :3

321335_528400077845_897937319_n.jpg

936932_528400092815_273765408_n.jpg

217162_528400182635_867918204_n.jpg

Aww what a cutie! My juvie is very active too, he just swims around all day long. He's starting to slow down a little now he's getting older.

I love the second picture :D

Levi certainly is a cutie, the middle picture is my fave. Welcome ☺

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back