Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

little green squares

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Those are your 'reputation', or how well other members think you respond. I think they're arbitrary.

Abrahm

Reaction score
I think all members can click on the "balance" or "scales" button to add more to your reputation also. So if you see someone giving really good advice consistantly you can click on the that scales button to give them a higher reputation. Or maybe John has changed that feature, I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
John hasn't changed that feature. In fact, John sometimes thinks he's the only one clicking the scales button...

Abrahm

Reaction score
For all the users who are not sure, here is a helpful guide to the common buttons/images in a post:

user_offline.gif
You will see this image in the user bar on the left if the user is not online currently.

user_online.gif
This is the button you will see when the user is online.

reputation.gif
If you see people making great posts and giving good information click on this to give them more reputation so they stand out as knowledgeable and trustworthy.

report.gif
If a post violates the forum rules or is somehow questionable click on this button inside that post to bring it to the attention of the moderators and administrators.

reputation_pos.gif
This icon represents your reputation. The bigger it is the more people find you and your advice useful.

multiquote_off.gif
If you want to quote multiple people in your posts click on this button in each post that you are interested in quoting then hit
reply.gif
at the bottom of the page to start a new post that has all the quotes posts in it for you.

Last edited:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Why should John do it when you just did?

Abrahm

Reaction score
Since I did it, can we now speak in the first person with personal pronouns and whatnot? :D

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll ask John and let you know.

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
In celebration of Easter, this topic will now return to life! :D

Little question about the little green guys - do the dark and light green colors carry a secret message or do they just make it easier to count the pips?

Thanks,

-Eva

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who can answer this question? I would like to know too! Also is there a place where it's possible to see how many points you need to get a new square?

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Thanks Julia, but I knew how to find the rep point page, but wondered how many points it takes to jump from say 2 to 3 blocks, also what the bright green ones mean.
Any ideas?

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
After a brief discussion , it looks like the pips may increase with every 150 points you receive...( she's much cleverer than me!!)

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Red is negative rep. (less than zero rep points, I believe)
Grey is neutral rep. (zero rep points I believe)
Dark Green is positive rep from +1 to X points (I suspect X is 500 but I am unsure)
Bright Green is highly positive rep (501 points and higher)

Black is the color of...Maxed Rep?....Caudate God?...Founder?...He Who speaks in the Third person?:p

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Red is negative rep. (less than zero rep points, I believe)
Grey is neutral rep. (zero rep points I believe)
Dark Green is positive rep from +1 to X points (I suspect X is 500 but I am unsure)
Bright Green is highly positive rep (501 points and higher)

Black is the color of...Maxed Rep?....Caudate God?...Founder?...He Who speaks in the Third person?:p

By my calculations, but I may be wrong:

Dark green is positive rep from 1 - 750 points.
Bright green is 751 + points.

One green blip = 1 - 150
Two green blips = 151 - 300
Three green blips = 301 - 450
Four green blips = 451 - 600
Five green blips = 601 - 750
Six green blips = 751 - 900

And so on...

Last edited:

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
I suspect if we apply a Bayesian prior distribution theorem to this, we can confuse ourselves even more!;)

Seriouslt though, I think Jacq has nailed the numbers on the head, I tend to estimate out of sheer hillbilliness. :D

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Your numbers are all wrong I'm afraid. I could tell you what they really are but in all honesty I think you should stop worrying about that aspect of it, especially since I have been known to change the scale and the number of points on the reputation system and may do so again in the future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!