Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Live Chat

jAfFa CaKe

Reaction score
So the live chat things in the bottom right corner of the screen was annoying me so I pressed the "X" button, at first it was relief but now I would like to have it back, anyone know how I do this...?

sde

Reaction score
Usually its in the left hand corner and it says "more chats?" and you click on it and it bring up the chats for you to choose which one you want back.

But I am having a different problem. I haven't closed chat in a long time, not since a month ago or so, but now I don't see it at all. All I see is the one in the right bottom corner that says how many people are at chat. But it is a unusually small amount of people too, could that be part of it? I don't see "in the pond" or "amphibia on topic" or "all topics". They are all missing.

Weird and frustrating......

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see the chat at all today, normally there it is in my bottom right hand corner and you can log in there. I suspect there is a problem with it ... it is a tad temprental.

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
So is chat like not a thing anymore? Another option is to make an Xat chat room, I've seen those used for other forum and some blogs in the past.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I alerted John to the loss of chat. He looked into it and discovered that the company running that chat has folded. He's going to have to see if he can find a replacement but it's not something he can do in the next couple of days. Maybe later this week or before Christmas. Sorry about this.

Sufia

Reaction score
I noticed that there is the option to enter a chat, but it never seems to be running. Is it because no one is online the time I log on?

Chat would definitely be easier to converse with more knowledgeable members rather than sifting through pages of threads to find a topic that is related to the question at hand. Also, I suspect it would become arduous (and possibly annoying) having to answer the same cycle (pardon the pun) of questions.

ben_tajer

Reaction score
Man, what a sadness, first time on in a long time, was looking forward to it. Still remember the dark background, the brightly colored text, the overly zealous college age moderators who ruined any conversations they were a part of, and everybody else who made it worth the trouble anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!