Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Marbled Treat

wargar

Reaction score
As a treat today for selling the last of my CFBN youngster I went out and bought this beauty.

He/she is settling in nicely and has already taken a worm.

Dave

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
What a beaut!

Hard to tell from the pic, but with these guys, the males have bright white markings, where the females are more of a dull grey.

wargar

Reaction score
It might be best hiding, my wife does not know i've got it yet. I will probably be digging in with it when she finds out.

xxianxx

Reaction score
It might be best hiding, my wife does not know i've got it yet. I will probably be digging in with it when she finds out.

I have the same problem, my wife has banned me from new species, she still thinks my cfbn are dwarf axolotls. Just tell her the apparently empty box is a worm farm.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It's not lying, just 'avoiding the truth'.

It's not my fault the man-friend doesn't know more about salamanders. If he knew what all I had, he'd know if there were new ones or not!

Davo

Reaction score
I must confess to being a bit of a newtaholic who is a bit vague on how much and how many! :eek:

Cork bark stacks hide a multitude of sins!

If my wife new what i spent at Gersfeld last year she would probably divorce me!

wargar

Reaction score
Well it had to happen, the missus found out today and she was mortified...........that I only had one, and he would be lonely and not have any friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I'm getting next month for my Birthday.

Women, one minute they are complaning that your hobby is taking over the house, the place smells damp and why are there crickets on the living room carpet. The next they are feeding your habit. If I live to be a hundred I will never understand them,

Dave

NeekaLovesYou

Reaction score
Well it had to happen, the missus found out today and she was mortified...........that I only had one, and he would be lonely and not have any friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I'm getting next month for my Birthday.

Women, one minute they are complaning that your hobby is taking over the house, the place smells damp and why are there crickets on the living room carpet. The next they are feeding your habit. If I live to be a hundred I will never understand them,

Dave

Just as many women on the forum having to deal with men complaining about it! Just make them feel guilty, it's an excuse for you to buy more :lol:

FX1C

Reaction score
Sheesh you guys all need to learn an old trick from the girls ;)

When your new newt / salamander / axolotl / fish tank / new dress is discovered or commented on ....

You simply say...

"This old thing? - I've had that for ages!" :D lol - works everytime ;)

Better to be busy with a hobby than boring with no interests :) although the later would be sooooo much cheaper! lol

<3 >o_o< <3

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Lol Nikki! My mom taught me that trick early on! Bring home new stuff, immediately cut off the tags and hang it in the closet (or tank...). Works like a charm!

wargar

Reaction score
Here is my little group, been in quarantine for 3 weeks and this is the first time they have all met up before they go in a large setup.

wargar-albums-wargar-s-newts-salamanders-picture25710-marbled-group-2.jpg

All have put on weight since I've had them and look healthy. They settled into their new setup fast and scuttled of to the hiding places. Probably won't see them till the New Year now.

Next time I get a new species I might just get the one and see if the same thing happens again, somehow I doubt it!!!!!!

Dave

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1