Marsh frogs a pets?

S

stipe

Does anyone know about keeping marsh frogs, in particular the striped marsh frog. I would like care sheets on these llittle guys or you might have some advice to pitch in. Heres a pic of one
happy.gif
50294.jpg

I got stacks of them in my "swamp". I dont do any thing to them. Brought about 20 of them home from the local creek a few years ago and they just breed and breed and breed. I like them and in summer they croke. Ponds full of tadpoles at the moment
happy.gif

One more thing
Do you have a licence to keep frogs and you cant take them from the wiled due to heavy fines.

Think you guys can keep one of these w/o a permit...but check around first. Assuming these are pobblebonks?

The weird thing is is that up here in the US they are available CB...wonder how that happened?

Na these is not a pobbelbonk frog it is a striped marsh frog. Without a level 1 permit you cant keep them but with a level 1 permite you can.

In australia there are harsh rules protecting all native amphibians.

im glad I don't live in australia for that reason!!(is it the same law for reptiles too??)

yep exactly the same for reptiles, sept uoy need a reptile licence then.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back