More of my babies

C

claire

Sorry for keep sending pics of my babies but i just cant help myself! i love them so much and my friends dont really appreciate the beauty of them! lol.
32895.jpg

thats the leucistic im keeping. he is called boj.bless him.
32896.jpg

Heres a pic of him again showing his front legs.they are sooo cute!
32897.jpg

Gretchen climbing the ceramic pot.looks like she is in the army climbing one of them wall things.hehe.
32898.jpg

a closer look at my broody female!lol.it shows the golden ring round her eye which makes her wildtype!woo.
32899.jpg

my female laying on top of my male!poor gus getting squashed!
32900.jpg

Gus kinda looking a bit bouffanty!
32901.jpg

Gus smiling for the camera.
32902.jpg

Gus up close.ahhhhh scary!
32903.jpg

the wildtype baby i might be keeping.he is called hinchcliff.he has lil leg bud.bless.

Very nice.

I especially like the markings on gus' head.

Looks like markings of a New Zealand Mauri

Claire - I love looking at pictures of baby axolotls (and adults for that matter) so keep us updated. I know how you feel about friends not appreciating axolotls... mine.... are afraid of them, or tell me how gross they are :|

hahah gus's marking on his face are gorgeous! my leucy looks like a dude from kiss, he has big tears pointing up towards his gills lol. so cute!

thanks everyone.

Cynthia-dont worry ill keep everyone posted with pics!lol.ill probably get more pictures on saturday and post them in on monday or something!
happy.gif

Boj was found dead by my boyfriend yesterday.
sad.gif
. he was doing so well. he must have been a weak axie that i separated on his own! poor thing!

RIP BOJ!!!

now hinchcliff has died.dont think my 1st batch is going to survive. ive now named another one soloman pronounced sola-mun.lol.well if my 1st ever batch of axies all die then i can try again with my eggs which are now hatching. hopefully they will b a success.if not then i can try again next year when they will more than likely have more eggs!lol.

COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW BIG BABY NEWTS START FROM PLEASE ?

Trevor,

Baby axolotls hatch at around 1cm..

Please in furture post your questions in the correct place, or start a new thread.

this is the axolotl forum.you should ask in the other forums because there is more chance of newt owners being in there.
happy.gif
erm...they might be the same size as axie babies...they are around 10-13mm long when they hatch!

good luck in finding out.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back