Morph identification help? Mosaic?

saltypie

Reaction score
Country
United States
waddle dee fullbody.jpg

Apologies if this is not the right forum to ask, but I have a question. Got a few answers already but doesn't hurt to be sure. This is Waddle Dee, she's over a year old and I believe reaching 2. As you can see, she holds a leucitic marking on her head. She was born with this mark, according to the breeder, and has kept it. I've been debating to tell my friends/people who ask what I should call her morph. I've seen freckled lucys but I know you wouldn't call them mosaics, so would she be a mosaic? Or would she just be a wild with a white dot? A lucy freckled wild?

Along with this fact, how much would she be worth? I've seen mosaics go for hundreds to a few thousand but I don't know if she is a mosaic, even if she is I know she wouldn't be worth per say thousands but would she be worth more than the average wild? Even if she isn't a mosaic, is she special? I have near to no intent of reselling her but just something I'd like to know, ya know? I bought her for I believe near 100 US dollars. I don't mind if I overpaid, I absolutely love this gal and to admit- she's probably my favorite out of my 4. She's just a big puppy to me, even if she just sees me as a worm dispenser lol. Already posted this question on an axolotl subreddit and an axolotl discord server so you can see I'm quite determined to identify my gal.

Thank you in advance!!

I think she’s just a wild type with a large iridesaphore (pretty sure I butchered the spelling😂) shes a gorgeous and adorable axo tho!!

It’s a low grade subtle mosaic. Some people would just call it a birth mark. It’s a wild type with leucy or albino tissue.

Beautiful! I agree…. that fits what is described as a ‘subtle mosaic’. I thought she was a silver dalmation for a second! She’s unique for sure. 😍
Enjoy your little girl.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back