Most surreal thing i´ve ever seen.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
I just felt like i needed to post this, or else i was going to explode.
Taking a look around another forum, a spanish one, i came across this incredibe, surreal, mindblowingly stupid post:

1-urodelos? 2 triturus cristatus, 4 euryceas bislineata, 5 neugersus kaiseri,7 carnifex,7 cynops orientalis,7 verrucosus,2 apuanus,2 vulgaris graecus, 5 pachytriton labiatus, 2 mesotriton alpestris apuanus, 2 triturus dobrogicus 2 paramesotriton chinesis,1 salamandra tigre, 2 tylototriton shanjing y 7 ajolotes

2- anuros?8 bombinas,5 xenopus y 1 boetgeri y 3 bufos regularis

3-todos los urodelos juntos en un 89l menos los vulgaris, los shanjing y la salamandra.Los anuros en acuaterraio menos las xenopus y la boetgeri(no me quiero extender con cantidades y medidas

The traduction for the last (3) sentence is:
-All the caudates together in a 89l, except for the vulgaris, shanjing and the salamander. The anurans in an aquaterrarium, except for the xenopus and the boetgeri (i don´t want to extend myself into quantities and sizes).

A couple days ago, in that same forum, a moderator posted that all the animals in the 84l had died.

Unbeliavable.....Someone with access to such species and treating them in such an extremely irresponsible way.....
The Neurergus kaiseri were captive bred. 5 N.k lost!!!!!!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
89 liters is a little over 23 gallons, for those of us on the other side of the ocean.

If I added that right, it's 53 animals in a 23 gallon tank.

That's... unbelievable. I don't think that many animals will physically FIT into a tank.

I just don't know what to say.

freves

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Foster Reves
Sounds like a troll (is that the term?) to me. Hard to say though. I remember from my petshop days that there are some really ignorant people out there.
Chip

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Eva
Rodrigo, first I want to say sorry to you for having to read such a thing.

Secondly, I am a little sister so my first reaction would be to tattle - if someone wrote something like that in this forum, we always have the option to report their post. In that case, someone would be able to notify the authorities of a case of cruelty to animals. Or contact the author of the thread, if nothing else.

I only mention it in case taking some kind of action would make you feel better.

-Eva

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
I know it sounds like a troll. A friend and i had read it some time ago, and thought it was just a mistake, and consequently forgot about it. But since the recent update, i now believe it´s true.
I just needed to let people know about it, no better discouragement for a newbie wanting to mix species.
I hope nobody ever sells any more animals to that guy...
As a side note, in the same post you can also read that this guy never had the intention of even trying to reproduce any of the species( not that he could have, but if you keep bislineatas, kaiseris, etc, at least try to reproduce them).

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ryan
Seriously?? I cant even believe that. I just had to comment on this. I appreciate you bringing this up. I'm stunned

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Display Name
Rodrigo
Kaisey, apparently most of the animals were just juveniles. It seems this person had acquired most of them in less than a year or so....
So, yes, they could physically fit....sadly......

Jake

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Jacob Bidinger
It seems this person had acquired most of them in less than a year or so....
So, yes, they could physically fit....sadly......
I can totally understand becoming addicted to caudates, but there's a point where one needs to have a reality check! Why would someone go through the trouble of getting so many nice species (not to mention the cost of aquiring them!) and only keep them in one tank? Did that person also keep a heater with the lot? I sincerely hope that person is no longer keeping animals this way.

badzy

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
monster-like animals i bet

fishkeeper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Joseph S
animal hoarding anyone?

spendday

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
J
89 liters is a little over 23 gallons, for those of us on the other side of the ocean.

If I added that right, it's 53 animals in a 23 gallon tank.

That's... unbelievable. I don't think that many animals will physically FIT into a tank.

I just don't know what to say.
thats crazy ive got a 25 gallon tank so ive got a basic idea of how big 23 gallon is and i could see how that would even work they must have been sitting and standing on one another

man some people are sick

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1