Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Must have books on habitat restoration, anura, chytrid fungi?

phi

Reaction score
Hello,

I am slowly increasing my library, prioritizing the must-have books suggested in the sticky thread.

Are there any masterpieces similar to Les Urodeleles du Monde, but for anura instead of salamanders?
I am mostly interested to European amphibians but I welcome any suggestions for interesting and must have books.

I would also like to know if there is a must have text about chytrid fungi or other parasites, doesn't matter if it's veterinary university level, I'd gladly read it.

Also, are there any books about habitat restoration?
I know this it a delicate subject because so much damage has been done worldwide that even just prioritizing a genus over another is a damage in itself, and whenever possible no intervention should be made to avoid making even more mistakes.
Also diseases can be spread so it is easy to do more harm than good.
I am the kind of person that acknowledges that as much as I like seeing them, my presence is an annoyance to them. I don't have any captive but I have nothing against those that have the means and skills to keep them and are conscious about conservation and respecting them.

I was however inspired in this task when I did notice some toads laying eggs in a small pool this year where I have a small piece of land I used to do gardening in.

I did dig a couple of shallow pools away from them and let them fill with water draining fron the hill. After some days I saw adults swimming and mating in the pools I dug.
I was very happy because it took me just a couple of hours to dig them and they were apparently found and appreciated by the amphibians.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!