My 8 Best Photos from 2015

Aneides Aeneus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since herping season is pretty much over (for me at least), I thought I would look back on the year by posting my 8 favorite salamander photos. I tried to choose solely based on the quality of the photos, but in the end I had to include some of the really cool species I saw, good photos or not. So, here are the photos (and some description):

1. One of two jefferson's salamanders I saw this year - both found in early March near vernal ponds.
2. A beautiful, oddly-colored pygmy salamander from the great smoky mountains.
3. A northern slimy salamander from Eastern Kentucky.
4. A four-toed salamander found in a floodplain forest.
5. One of the very few midland mud salamanders I have seen - found in a wide muddy seep.
6. A seepage salamanders found in the Unicoi Mountains of Tennessee.
7. Not the best of photos but I had to put this in. This is a species my parents and I have spent huge amounts of time searching for and always failed to find until this fall - junaluska salamander!
8. A tiny, extremely cute chamberlain's dwarf salamander found over thanksgiving break in Raleigh, North Carolina.

I'm sure there are other people on this forum who have seen some cool stuff this year - come on! Show us your favorite photos!

-Ananth

Attachments

sde

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Seth
Awesome finds and photos Ananth!

Here are my favorites, though i will be honest, i had a bit of a bad year with photography...so, i will ad a few of my captive animals.

1. Adult female Long toed salamander, Ambystoma macrodactylum
2. Juvenile Copes giant salamander, Dicamptodon copei. Not a fantastic photo, but its the first one of this species i have found so i am pleased with it.
3. Subadult Pacific giant salamander, Dicamptodon tenebrosus. Again not a great photo, but i thought this individual was pretty cool looking, especially with all the white spots.
4. Another adult female Long toed salamander, Ambystoma macrodactylum found while searching for worms in sub freezing temperatures.
5. One of my CB juvenile Chinese firebelly newts, Hypeselotriton orientalis.
6. One of my juvenile Mabee's salamanders, Ambystoma mabeei.
7. Adult female Oregon Ensatina salamander, Ensatina eschscholtzii oregonensis.
8. Adult female ( i think) Western redback salamander, Plethodon vehiculum.

All in all it was probably the best herping year i have had - found more Taricha than ever before, found multiple new species in new areas, and found a good amount of Ambystoma and Ensatina as well, so i can't really complain.
-Seth

Attachments

dannyyyallenn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Daniel Allen
Awesome pics guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

AdvythAF

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Advyth
2015 has been my best year for herping so far. Here are my best photos!
(I have posted many of these photos before)

Attachments

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AlexisJG:
    As long as they don’t seem stressed that’s good and I mean hey if their well fed maybe they’ll live long happy lives together.
    +2
    Unlike
  • HalfDrunkToast:
    oh ya they are happy xD every time i come in to my room my Koy betta is like HI HI HI and actively swimming around
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Nerodia1:
    Děkuji za přijetí. Hledám tohoto obojživelníka, Typhlonectes compressicauda, nevíte, kde ho získat, nejlépe někde v Evropě.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Caudex has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    VEEK has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    My axie is acting woerd he was a rescue as stated in a different post he got better and now seems to be deteriorating again...again all tank conditions are OK and as should be. He seems to have some black dapple like pattern under his bottom lip? Is that normal? And his two back feet have a little wierd growth? Almost? Tiny tiny tiny lump. His capillaries in his feathers also appear darker and more visible. Any help would be appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • Lanalotl:
    Hes a leucistic axie
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    AmphibiGirl has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Dibgame:
    Hey guys. First time on this forum and im not sure what formatting i should use but hey here i go.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    Hi! I'm being in a hard position where I have to re-home my axolotls. I'm moving out and I would like to find them a new home with someone who can take proper care of them
    +1
    Unlike
  • Jadezoey:
    I have an adult wild type and a juvenile leucistc
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • BigAl:
    Oops my bad accidentally sent that
    +1
    Unlike
  • Binditheaxolotl:
    @HalfDrunkToastLol
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    is anyone online???
    +1
    Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has joined the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
  • Chat Bot:
    Calgarycoppers has left the room.
    +1
    Unlike
  • AxieMomma87:
    Are you still here
    +1
    Unlike
  • ZayneSantos:
    Is there anyone on who can give me advice?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Max2445:
    @ZayneSantos, What advice do you need
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    based on this video what type of salamander might this larva be? I suspect either eastern newt or spotted salamander
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    help appreciated
    +1
    Unlike
  • KrabzAga:
    they are from missouri
    +1
    Unlike
    KrabzAga: they are from missouri +1